Wednesday, June 4, 2008

stretch marks

You can rub, oil, and soak your belly in butter. Or you can offer a prayer to the goddess of the taut tummy. But the truth is, 90 percent of all women will develop stretch marks during pregnancy. The other 10 percent have fabulous genes or especially well-toned and elastic skin. Maybe you'll be in the lucky minority, or maybe you won't — but you'll be finding out soon enough, as soon as the stretching begins in earnest. The best way to minimize, or even avoid, the marks: Keep your weight gain steady, moderate, and gradual. As for the creams and rubs, well, they may or may not work.